Last updated: June 1, 2019
Your privacy is important to us at South Road Cricket Club. We are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which we collect, hold and administer. We collect personal information that is required for us to carry out the activities of the club.
This policy is intended to help you understand:
- The information we collect about you
- How we collect your information
- How will we use your information?
- How do we store your information?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
The information we collect about you
SRCC collects the following information about you as a requirement for joining the club or becoming a member of our website, and to comply with our reporting duties to the ASCA (Adelaide & Suburban Cricket Association) and Cricket Australia (MyCricket website):
- Address (Street/Unit Address, Suburb, City/Town, Postcode)
- Phone number/mobile number (whichever is better to contact you on)
- Email address
- Date of birth
SRCC will also collect statistical data regarding your cricket playing career as part of our activities. For example, we collect statistical data to determine the most runs aggregate for the club during a season in order to award the winning player a trophy.
Sensitive information (Health information)
SRCC does not actively collect health information about you. We will only do this if you inform us directly of health information that is relevant to your involvement with our activities. If health information is not relevant, please don’t provide it to us.
We do not collect health information about you without your consent.
How we collect your information
Direct collection of information
You directly provide SRCC with most of the information we collect about you. We collect information and process data when you:
- Register as a player, either online or directly with one of our representatives.
- Register online as a member of our website to receive news about SRCC or opt in for our eNewsletter.
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Send us email.
- Communicate with us or to other club members through the third party communications or instant messaging apps which we use, such as WhatsApp or Facebook.
- Use or view our website. When you view our website, we collect information via your browser’s cookies. See the Cookies section of this policy for more information.
- Attend, or sign up to attend, an event which the SRCC runs.
- Opt in to receive an Edwardstown Club Card linked to the SRCC.
Indirect collection of information
SRCC may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- MyCricket website, run by Cricket Australia. For example, if you have transferred as a player to us from another club, or to collect statistics on your playing career as part of our activities.
- The Adelaide & Suburban Cricket Association (ASCA).
If we collect personal information about you from someone else we will, whenever reasonably possible, make you aware of the information we have collected and the reason for it.
How will we use your information?
SRCC collects your information so that we can:
- Register you as a player in the Adelaide & Suburban Cricket Association (ASCA) competition, only if you have requested to play cricket. Registration requires us to supply your personal information to ASCA via the MyCricket website.
- Register you as a member on our website.
- Provide you with team selection notifications, venue details, times and such other information that is relevant to you playing cricket for SRCC or attending SRCC events.
- Sign you up for SRCC events if you have requested this.
- Provide you with links or invitations to our selected communications app/s so that you can access club chats and instant messaging.
- Display your statistical data on the SRCC website and in our honour boards if required.
- Email you with our regular eNewsletter containing up to date news and results from the club and the wider cricket community. As a part of our email campaigns and eNewsletters, we use MailChimp to deliver emails to you.
- If you have opted in to receive an Edwardstown Club Card, SRCC will provide your name and email to Edwardstown Memorial Sports & Community Club in order for you to be added to their system.
- Provide printed records in which your personal information and cricket statistics appear, such as Yearbooks.
How do we store and secure your information?
SRCC stores your information securely in our electronic database, and in our primary email address book if you emailed us. In some cases in carrying on our activities, we will also keep a copy of your personal information in our secure online google drive. We limit access to SRCC representatives only, on an as needs basis, and use per user authentication.
We will, in the course of our activities, produce publications such as yearbooks in both printed and electronic format. These publications may contain some of your personal information such as name and cricket statistics.
We take reasonable steps to implement safeguards for the protection of your information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee the safety and security of all transmissions or personal information through the Internet, or while stored on our systems, or otherwise in our care.
Should security breach occur that is likely to result in a risk to the information privacy of any SRCC members, we will inform the relevant members and other affected parties, as well as relevant authorities, about the security breach as soon as reasonably possible.
Retention of personal information
SRCC will keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary to perform our activities, to provide services to you, or to keep a record of performances for the club. The storage period depends on the type of personal information or data. For example your name and cricket statistics may be kept indefinitely as a part of our honour boards or yearbook reports. In cases such as the previous example, your email address and other unrelated data would be flagged as unused and so would be deleted.
We delete your personal information (either partially if required for our records, or completely if not) after the above described storage period or when you request us to erase your personal information.
As a part of our email newsletters, SRCC may occasionally send you information about upcoming events which it is running or taking part in. Some emails or newsletters may contain logos, advertisements or editorials from our sponsors.
If you have opted in to receive an Edwardstown Club Card, the Edwardstown Memorial Sports & Community Club administration may occasionally send you emails regarding special offers specifically for card holders affiliated with SRCC. If you receive email or promotions from Edwardstown Club that do no meet these criteria, please inform us immediately.
SRCC will not provide your information to third parties for marketing or promotional purposes unless we specifically request your consent, and consent is given.
What are your data protection rights?
In providing your personal information to us, you also have options in reviewing, rectifying and removing that information. We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your options. Every user is entitled to the following:
You have the right to request SRCC for copies of your personal information. We will supply this in electronic format to you.
The right to rectification
You have the right to request that SRCC correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request SRCC to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure
You have the right to request that SRCC erase your personal information, if that information is no longer required by the SRCC to perform our activities.
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that SRCC restrict the processing of your personal data, in which case you may prevent SRCC from performing any actions relating to you. This may, for example, prevent us from performing tasks such as registering you as a cricket player.
The right to object to processing
You have the right to object to SRCC’s processing of your personal data, in which case you may prevent SRCC from performing any actions relating to you. This may, for example, prevent us from performing tasks such as registering you as a cricket player.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that SRCC transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, in which case we will provide you with a copy in electronic format.
If you make a request, will respond to you as soon as possible, within one month.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the SRCC Secretary via the details at the bottom of this page.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – SRCC uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences.
- Google Analytics cookies – SRCC uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. See the above link for Google’s data uses.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites or third party apps that we link to or use
How to contact us
Email our secretary at: email@example.com
Or contact us via our contact page.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that SRCC has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, at https://www.oaic.gov.au/